50 Shades of Grey
No, there will be no talk of billionaires, contracts and soft limits. There will however be talk of how to use grey in your home.
I’ve seen so many houses butchered by the wrong grey: too cold, too dark, too green, you name it.
But there’s a way to do grey right. In fact, there are many ways to do grey right. Below are just a few of my favorites…
1. Go really dark and moody. Go charcoal, almost black. Grey does moody very well, and again I’m not just referring to Christian. If you want a masculine and dramatic room, dark charcoal is your friend.
2. Do a soft pearly warm grey on the ceiling and mix it up with some blushy pink. This color combo is really killer. Besides, a white ceiling is such a yawn next to a beautiful pearly soft grey ceiling.
3. Go metallic! Whether it’s silver leaf, metallic paint or wallpaper, dare to add a bit of sparkling shimmer to your room. There are few things in life that make more of a statement so go for it!
4. If you’re dealing with a cooler grey, mix with warm pastels like lavender, moss green and peony pink. If you omit the warm tones, the grey will seem much colder. Lots of warm wood also helps warming up the room.
5. Go for 50 shades of grey in one room. From warm greys to blue greys to taupes and everything in between, a monochrome grey room done right can really look fantastic!
What are your go to greys when it comes to paint?