Mastering the Traditional Bohemian Vibe
Hi, it’s Gabrielle from Savvy Home here again! Most of you have come to know me as Vanessa’s neo-traditional alter-ego, but what you may not know, is that I also have a taste for the bohemian look. More specifically, I love the spanish colonial meets french country bohemian vibe that is widespread in California.
And what better room to inspire this style than the living room of Kathryn Ireland? She pretty much invented the style. Anyone who has watched Million Dollar Decorators has probably already obsessed over this particular room. And if you haven’t (serioulsy?), go watch both seasons now. I’ll wait. Done? Let’s get started on what makes this room special.
1. Why have a plain white lampshade when you can have a patterned one?
2. Plumber’s pipe curtain rods are inexpensive and they give a room a subtle understated vibe.
3. Pile on the pillows and don’t be afraid to mix and match the colors and patterns!
4. Stack books on the coffee table for a more collected look.
5. Upholster a chair in a crazy colorful fabric.
6. Never underestimate the power of antique and second-hand furniture.
7. Ain’t no problem a big pot full of orchids can’t solve.
8. Find an old collection of antique prints and frame them. Make it a gallery wall.
9. Do you have a round table that you don’t care for ? Drape a tablecloth on top and voilà! Brand new table.
10. Add a wordly vibe with a beat-up leather moroccan pouffe or rug.
What do you think of this room? Are you more traditional or bohemian?