Have Fun with your Decor
Hi, it’s Gabrielle from Savvy Home here again! You guys. Have you seen the latest issue of Matchbook? I’ve been a longtime fan of Bailey McCarthy of Peppermint Bliss (see her previous houses here and here), but her new house literally blew my mind. More specifically, her living room blew my mind.
This room may seem a little too quirky for some, but humor me: It’s warm, cozy and timeless but the quirky elements brings it back to the present and brings a smile to my face. It’s a great demonstration that design shouldn’t be taken too seriously. No one’s having the Queen of England over for dinner anytime soon. Are you?
1. The walls are warmed up with a perfect shade of camel.
2. The candles in the fireplace are cozy and much more convenient than an actual fire!
3. The Stark Antelope carpet is a splurge and a half, but what an impact!
4. The crisp white ottoman provides a rest for the eyes among all the colors and patterns.
5. Once again, the blue and white garden stool proves one more time that they really work everywhere.
6. Who could say no to a vintage LV trunk in lieu of a coffee table?
7. The green velvet sofa sofa. Need I say more?
8. The gallery wall is well composed and visually interesting.
9. Please. The sheep stool. A mid-century classic.
10. I always say: add one quirky element to a room that people will talk about. This room has at least 10, including the sheep, the dog, the walrus, the indian chef headpiece and the smoking cat.
What do you think of the quirky elements in this room? Yay or Nay?
Gabrielle | Savvy Home