Hi, it’s Gabrielle from Savvy Home here again! A few months ago, this room caught my eye as I was reading my favorite Vogue column APT with LSD, and it wasn’t just because it’s the home of gorgeous actress Lake Bell.
This room just oozes a quintessentially Californian vibe that makes me nostalgic about this beautiful part of the world. It manages to be light and bright while feeling cozy and collected. It brings the outdoors in and mixes a few periods and styles without seeming disjointed.
I’m curious to know what you think of the room, but first I want to share what I feel are the elements that make this room just a little more special.
1. A mirror panel above the mantel reflects light and give the room depth.
2. Plants make the room more organic and further repeats the natural colors of the room.
3. A simple cream sofa is enhanced with bolster pillows with black piping.
4. A classic lamp with a pleated shade gives the room a sense of history.
5. The turned legs are repeated on the coffee table and the bench for consistency.
6. The fireplace is well appointed with instruments, a screen and adirons.
7. The decorative wheel is more original than a starburst mirror but provides the same effect.
8. The detailing at the top of the curtains brings the eye up and gives a sense of height.
9. A simple modern pedestal holds a candle for added layers and visual interest.
10. The arc lamp breaks up the uniform level of the room and gives it some height and dimension.
What is your favorite aspect of this room? Do you like a more natural look in your space?
Gabrielle | Savvy Home
Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram